Job Classification: Full-time positions, Non-Exempt
Supervised By: Associate Director and Executive Director
Location: Windsor and Orange Counties
Summary: Work in a groundbreaking educational environment that provides continuing educational opportunities for people with differing abilities. The Academic Coordinator will facilitate a peer-to-peer learning process at three of GCF’s ninecampus locations in Vermont & New Hampshire. GCF’s unique educational model encourages diverse learners to pursue their passions and become engaged, active members of their communities. This flexible position offers the opportunity for a creative individual to pursue innovative educational approaches, initiate new projects and ideas, and advance the fields of post-secondary education and disability rights.
Essential Job Functions:
- Campus Facilitation:
- On a weekly basis, facilitate campus seminars and lessons that encourage student leadership and growth at threelocal campus locations
- Assist students with designing their own classes, using GCF’s unique learning model
- Engage in one-on-one meetings with students as needed to further the academic process
- Oversee campus affairs and ensure all classes and coursework run smoothly
- Communication and Collaboration:
- Communicate weekly campus notes to human service agencies and GCF staff
- Meet periodically with service coordinators and support staff to ensure each campus has the necessary community support
- Work collaboratively with GCF colleaguesto develop campus curriculum and projects
- Attend monthly Collegial Seminar meetings with other Academic Coordinators
- Coordinate course catalogs, publications, campus blogs and social media
- Keep detailed records of campus enrollment and communications
- Write Term Evaluations and manage transcripts for all students
Education and Experience:Abachelor’s degree is required. Candidate must have a minimum of two years of work experience in education, human services or community development.
Ideal Skills and Qualifications:
- Outgoing personality, capable of being the public “face” of GCFat each campus
- Strong leadership skills;ability to facilitate large groups of differing learners
- A passion for education and a well-developed facilitation style
- A caring, personable and patient disposition
- Organized and efficient work ethic, ability to meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, good computer skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Passionate, idealistic, positive, mission-driven, and self-directed
- Willingness to engage in some occasional travel locally around the campus region
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. For more information about GCF, please visit www.globalcampuses.org. Applications accepted until position is filled.
Please contact this organization for additional information.