Weston Playhouse Theatre Company seeks a highly-motivated, well-organized Office Manager to join its team through December 2018. The Office Manager will report directly to the Executive Artistic Director, and work closely with other members of the Operations, Marketing, and Development staff.
About the Company:
Weston Playhouse Theatre Company builds on and enhances the unique assets of its Vermont village campus to produce a diverse, entertaining, and challenging season of live professional theatre and high impact events; to enrich the theatergoing experience with education and outreach programs for all ages; and to make significant contributions to the American theatre through the development of new plays and musicals and training programs for young theater professionals.
Weston’s primary public activities take place during the height of the summer and fall, with a subscription season that runs from June through October. The opening of the Company’s second stage, Weston Playhouse at Walker Farm, has expanded the producing and presenting calendar to include year-round music and performance events, community activities, and developmental programs for new plays and musicals.
Job highlights include:
• Communicate with company’s Accountants and Operations Manager, assisting with payroll, bill pay, general ledger and reports, end of month reconciliations.
• File organize paperwork and contracts with an eye toward preparation for the annual audit.
• Maintain company credit card accounts.
• Facilitate online and manual banking processes, including deposits, deposit reports, and petty cash.
• Receive and direct general incoming telephone calls, correspondence, and emails.
• Oversee outsourced technology and communications systems, including telephone and IT.
• Handle any necessary office equipment service issues and calls.
• Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory.
Qualifications and Traits:
• College degree or equivalent work experience.
• Prior professional administrative and/or finance experience.
• Proficiency with Quickbooks, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google Apps.
• Excellent organizational, telephone and communications skills with strong attention to detail.
• Ability to troubleshoot phone and IT systems (or work effectively with IT consultants).
• Attention to detail and experience maintaining organizational systems.
• Ability to balance and prioritize multiple demands at the same time.
• Positive self-starter with excellent project management, organizational, and analytical skills.
• $650/week + housing
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Office Manager” in the subject line.
Weston Playhouse Theater Company is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity in the workplace.
- Position Type: Administration
- Employment Type/ Status: Temporary/ Seasonal