Full-time Shelter Coordinator position in Burlington, applicants can send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Shelter Coordinator is responsible for the preparation for and daily operations of our seasonal low-barrier shelter. Duties include working with individuals who need emergency shelter, recruitment, supervision and scheduling for shelter staff, managing community partnership, and managing volunteers and donations. This person will be the liaison between the Shelter and Director of Homeless Healthcare Programs. The Shelter coordinator will also assist with other Homeless Healthcare Program projects and help make connections between guests and appropriate services and support systems.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct service experience.
- Masters of Social Work or similar education preferred, Bachelor’s and high level shelter experience considered.
- Ability to meet clients “where they are” both literally and figuratively, working with a diverse population of clients with a variety of challenges, including, substance abuse / mental health issues.
- Ability to triage potential shelter guests and support the shelter staff in doing the same, oversee the determination of appropriateness for Shelter and potential need for a higher level of care or alternative services.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
All people share a powerful need for the basic necessities of a good life and a place that understands that good health starts with a caring touch and a kind word. For over 45 years, the Community Health Centers of Burlington (CHCB) has provided access to high quality health care regardless of financial status or life circumstance. We strive to improve the health of all within the communities we serve in an environment that conveys respect, offers support, and encourages people to be actively involved in their own health care. Our positive, mission-minded staff make CHCB a great place to work!
CHCB is an innovative Federally Qualified Health Center with eight sites throughout Chittenden County and southern Grand Isle County. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the organization. We offer an excellent benefits package to eligible employees.
Learn more about this position and other current career opportunities at https://www.chcb.org/careers/positions-available/
- Position Type: Program
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time
- Name: Community Health Centers of Burlington
- Website: https://www.chcb.org/careers/positions-available/
Please contact this organization for additional information.