Vermont Afterschool is hiring a Director of Expanded Learning to oversee our statewide quality efforts and ensure we are supporting the field in a comprehensive and interconnected way. Working closely with the entire team at Vermont Afterschool, this position is primarily responsible for providing leadership and direction around statewide professional development efforts, program quality, and key education initiatives.
Vermont Afterschool is a statewide nonprofit organization that supports organizations in providing quality afterschool, summer, and expanded learning opportunities so that Vermont’s children and youth have the experiences, skills, and resources they need to become healthy, productive members of society. Vermont Afterschool staff work statewide and this position requires access to reliable transportation; significant training and experience in education, youth work, and/or afterschool programming; demonstrated organizational and project leadership skills; and excellent communication and interpersonal skills. The position is fulltime.
- Key responsibilities of the Director of Expanded Learning are to:
- Oversee and coordinate Vermont Afterschool’s professional development offerings;
- Build connections for out-of-school time programs to the formal education system, particularly around Vermont’s flexible pathways initiatives (e.g., personalized learning plans, proficiency-based graduation requirements, and work-based learning);
- Develop new strategies and professional development opportunities to improve the quality of out-of-school time programming and supports, particularly for older youth in Vermont;
- Partner with higher education and regional tech centers to promote career pathways in youth work and afterschool;
- Collaborate with key partners across the state; and
- Work closely with the Executive Director on grant writing and reporting, partnership development, policy connections, and project evaluation.
We offer a competitive compensation package, including prorated benefits and the opportunity to play a role in growing an organization that is dedicated to bringing quality afterschool, summer, and expanded learning programs to all. For more information on this position and how to apply, please visit our website at http://vermontafterschool.org/
- Position Type: Executive
- Location: Vermont (statewide)
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time