Become a part of shaping the youth mentoring movement in Vermont!
Mobius, Vermont’s Mentoring Partnership is currently seeking a full-time Marketing Specialist AmeriCorps VISTA member to help support and expand adult-to-youth mentoring initiatives across the state, beginning in August 2018. The Marketing Specialist will work with Mobius staff to raise public awareness of the need for mentoring, and develop and expand resources for youth mentoring programs. The VISTA position is a one year commitment, beginning August 20, 2018, and ending August 19, 2019.
Specific projects will include:
- Expanding and managing the Mentor Discount Card
- Assisting in the implementation of a Vermont-specific National Mentoring Month campaign
- Assisting in the planning and implementation of a year-round PR plan, including the organization’s potential re-branding
- Working with Mobius staff to secure business sponsorships for the organization’s two statewide events (the National Mentoring Month Celebration and the Vermont Mentoring Symposium), the monthly newsletter, and the Mentor Discount Card
- Managing and enhancing Mobius’ online presence, including the statewide online events calendar, and web and social media content
- Working with Mobius staff and partners to plan and implement regional and statewide events
- Developing new organizational systems and marketing materials
Successful applicants will possess:
- A bachelor’s degree required (degree in marketing, communications, or related field, or 1-3 years of relevant experience preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in resource development and securing in-kind donations
- Experience with graphic design programs
- A driver’s license, and willingness to travel around the state (car not required)
- A strong belief in the benefits of mentoring
Mobius is a statewide non-profit that provides support for more than 140 mentoring program sites and 2,300 adult-to-youth mentor matches (adult volunteers and youth mentees) throughout Vermont. For more information about our work, visit www.mobiusmentors.org.
The VISTA will be a member of the Vermont Youth Tomorrow VISTA program, which focuses on serving low-income youth across Vermont. AmeriCorps VISTA is a national, federally funded program that places volunteers in one-year service positions at organizations that focus on alleviating poverty.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, so please submit your materials as soon as possible. Mobius intends to have the position filled no later than June 30th. Interested applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com.
For a full position description go to: www.mobiusmentors.org/
For more information about Vermont Youth Tomorrow and AmeriCorps VISTA, go to: https://www.
- Position Type: Volunteer
- Location: Chittenden County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time