The Upper Valley Haven (the Haven), a nonprofit social services organization founded in 1980 and located in White River Junction, Vermont, is seeking an experienced, dynamic Executive Director. The Haven serves people in the Upper Valley struggling with poverty by providing food, shelter, service coordination, education and other support. Its vision is to create a community where people find hope and discover possibility.
The Receptionist’s primary responsibility is to serve all entering the Haven—visitors, donors, and others—by greeting, welcoming, and directing them to the appropriate location or assisting as appropriate. S/he answers the phone and direct callers to the appropriate person or to their voicemail box when not available. When possible, s/he handles informational calls, e.g., hours, directions, guidance on donations, and other inquiries.
S/he is also responsible for maintaining the lobby and vestibule in a clean and orderly fashion reflecting the values of the Haven, and provide back up support in the café. S/he backs up the Food Shelf Registrar when she/he is on break.
This individual provides administrative support including handling regular and express mail, and other duties as assigned. S/he supports other departments and maintains a body of background projects to work on as time allows.
The Receptionist is expected to engage volunteers and guests in keeping with Haven values and principles; demonstrate a commitment to working as part of a team; function as an ambassador for the Haven; and adhere to all Haven policies and procedures.
- Commitment to the mission and values of the Haven
- Effective team member with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Able to communicate professionally both in writing and orally
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency working with Microsoft applications and Windows operating system
- Ability to skillfully and professionally operate the phone system
- Comfortable working in an ever-changing and unpredictable environment
- Able to multi-task and willing to pitch in as needed
- Interacts comfortably with people from a wide range of social and economic and religious backgrounds; i.e. cultural sensitivity and adaptability
- Able to offer compassionate but firm guidance to volunteers and visitors
- Demonstrates sound judgment in stressful and urgent situations
For more information or to apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Leslie Rimmer at email@example.com with the subject line “receptionist.”
- Position Type: Executive
- Location: Windsor County
- Employment Type/ Status: Unknown / Not Applicable