Supports the Development and Alumni Relations departments to build alumni, volunteer, and philanthropic support for the college. Independently builds foundation and other private giving. Provides administrative and recruiting support for VTC events, including youth programs and camps. Working with Development and Alumni Relations colleagues, helps to build a thriving community of affinity and philanthropy to support the mission of Vermont Technical College.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and solicit grants from foundations and trusts; communicate and collaborate with college departments on potential funding needs, aligning them with grant opportunities.
- Maintain and improve the Raiser’s Edge database, importing new entries, updating data in existing entries, creating queries and reports as needed.
- Maintain the systems supporting fundraising, including: gift acceptance and acknowledgment procedures; business office management and recordkeeping on gifts and accounts; database recordkeeping, information maintenance and list/mailing production.
- Facilitate alumni events and youth programs, with particular focus on the Women Can Do! conference in October. Recruit and supervise volunteers, with emphasis on alumni, for events.
- Help to develop the production of fundraising mailings and events.
Supervised by the Associate Dean of Resource Development. Works closely with the Associate Dean of Enrollment and Alumni Affairs and occasionally with the Associate Dean of Administration.
Recruits and supervises fundraising and event volunteers, especially from among Vermont Tech alumni and students. May also recruit and supervise Work Study students in Development and Alumni Affairs.
College degree – Associate’s or Bachelor’s – required. Must be a minimum of 18 years of age and a valid citizen of the United States.
Areas of Expertise:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- All Microsoft applications, particularly Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational discipline is preferred; execution and follow-through is essential.
- Fundraising database experience is welcome.
This general outline illustrates the type of work that characterizes the job classification. It is not an all-encompassing statement of the specific duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.
Terms of Employment
A VISTA (Volunteer In Service To America) is an employee of AmeriCorps, and therefore the Federal Government of the United States. The VISTA is NOT a direct employee of Vermont Technical College.
LENGTH OF SERVICE
The VISTA’s service begins with the AmeriCorps Pre-Service Orientation (PSO) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania during the week of July 30, 2018. Service at Vermont Tech begins on August 3, 2018, and lasts for one calendar year.
Details on the compensation offered through AmeriCorps can be found on the government website: https://www.vistacampus.gov/in-service/benefits-service#healthcare_benefit
- A Living Allowance, calculated in July (currently $12,227 per year), paid bi-weekly.
- An End-of-Service Education Award (a voucher toward future higher education or repaying existing student loans) or an End-of-Service Cash Stipend.
- Housing (a private dorm room) on the Vermont Tech Randolph campus for the year.
- A meal card for use in the campus dining hall throughout the year.
In addition to the AmeriCorps VISTA benefits found on the website:
- 10 days of personal leave; may be taken after the third month and before the twelfth month of service, with advance notice and approval by supervisor.
- 14 holidays, including two days at Thanksgiving and five days at Christmas (campus is closed).
- 2 free classes (one per semester) on the Vermont Tech Randolph campus, subject to Supervisor, Admissions Office, and Department Chair approval.
- Professional Development and mentoring opportunities.
- Experience to be gained in fundraising, event management, database management, project management, and working in higher education.
For more information about Vermont Tech, our mission, degrees, programs, and campuses, visit:
Please apply to Sarah Petrokonis at email@example.com or Curtis Ostler at firstname.lastname@example.org. Apply by May 16th, 2018. Attach a resume/CV, cover letter, and any other supporting materials. For best results all uploaded documents should be in PDF format.
For more information about AmeriCorps VISTA service, or to apply online, go to the website:
- Position Type: Development
- Location: Vermont (statewide); Orange County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time