Summary of Position:
The Intervale Center in Burlington, Vermont seeks a full-time accounting manager to provide excellent bookkeeping and financial management support to our mission-driven organization. An ideal candidate has at least four years of experience performing accounting functions, is clear in their written and verbal communications, and is excited to grow with our team.
We are seeking a highly qualified professional to provide excellent bookkeeping and financial management support to our mission-driven organization. An ideal candidate will have:
- At least four years of experience performing accounting functions.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
- Clear, concise written communication skills and the ability to be highly detail oriented and accurate.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate financial needs and information to staff and other stakeholders.
- A college degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred but not required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Post all authorized transactions into the accounting records, using approved documentation methods, and ensure the adequacy of backup documentation.
- Process bank and banking-related transactions according to approved practices and documentation requirements.
- Maintain supporting schedules for depreciation, notes receivable and payable, assets, accounts payable and receivable and any other applicable accounting records. Reconcile general ledger accounts according to approved schedule and methods.
- Process and post periodic payroll which includes: Entry of new employee data into the payroll processing system, periodic updates to payroll, management of employee benefits and evaluation of future options.
- Prepare and distribute customer billing and vendor/creditor payments.
- Assist the Finance Director with analysis, reports and other projects on an as-needed basis to include: assistance in cash flow planning, investment and asset management and the coordination, development and monitoring of budgets.
- Participate in organizational meetings, presentations and/or committee meetings with Finance Director, Executive Director and other staff.
- Ensure and reinforce the appropriate flow and format of information according to the Accounting Policy and internal procedures.
- Interface with third parties (customers, vendors, creditors) regarding account-related questions, including collection of receivables, billing/invoices, balances,application of payments, etc.
- Maintain internal accounting-related forms; provide instructional support to staff as needed.
- Maintain the filing of records for the Finance Office.
- Manage organizational leases.
- Supervise the Administrative Assistant and oversee office administration.
- With the Finance Director, coordinate and support the annual financial statement audit.
Intervale Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org . This position is 35-40 hours per week with compensation between $27.00-$30.00 per hour. Compensation is commensurate with experience. This position is eligible for health, dental, 401(k), and limited wellness benefits.
This position is based in Burlington, Vermont and will remain open until filled.
- Position Type: Unknown / Not Applicable
- Location: Chittenden County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time