Philo Ridge Farm is a 400-acre historic farm that brings together the rich cultural past of the region to develop the local agricultural economy and respect the ecosystem. We strive to be a beautiful, functional farm at the forefront of research, innovation and conversation around our food. The property is used for an array of activities and operations including: certified organic produce and flower production, a diversified livestock and haying operation and a growing food service and hospitality program. We are in our third year of production at the farm and plan on expanding our operation soon to include an on-farm market, event space and processing facility.
The market will provide a retail outlet for all that we grow and raise on our farm. We will have a prepared foods counter, a full-service cheese program, as well as sell farm-fresh produce alongside grocery and specialty housewares that emphasize Vermont’s local artisans. Connected to our market, we have a fully restored barn that will offer a range of educational workshops and events that we hope will further the conversation around our food and provide fun and engaging activities for our community.
Philo Ridge Farm is committed to a core philosophy of employee sustainability and achievement of the highest level of quality in all facets of what we do. We believe in treating our employees, animals, and the soil with respect and care. We strive to create a supportive and flexible work environment that will encourage the exchange of ideas, as we want all of our staff members to be able to contribute to the growth and future directions of our market and company at large. All of our employees embody the spirit of sharing, growing together and education.
Philo Ridge Farm is seeking an experienced office manager to oversee and implement certain accounting and human resource administrative functions, and to oversee general office operations at Philo Ridge Farm.
The office serves as headquarters for Philo Ridge Farm’s diverse operations. It provides a home base for a strong team that supports each other and the lasting prosperity of the land and community. The office manager will be responsible for maintaining and organizing the office headquarters, supporting business administration and data management, and coordinating with different team members. The office manager should have a strong team mindset and a clear sense of organization and attention to detail.
Accounting and Bookkeeping Administration
- Supports off site accounting team to ensure timely processing of all accounts receivable and accounts payable. Supports and reviews all entity allocation and income/expense coding, oversees and organizes all the receiving and distributing of invoices, helps to process personal. reimbursements, and ensures that all paperwork is mailed to our offsite accounting team.
- Supports the FOH management team in all cash handling processes. Assists with the review of daily cash deposit calculation, monthly cash deposit reconciliation, petty cash distribution and receipt reconciliation, and makes regular bank deposits.
- Assists FOH management team with all POS credit card merchant processing processes and monthly reconciliation processes.
- Assists all management team with the receipt collection, scanning, coding and reconciliation of all company credit card statements.
General Administrative and Office Management
- Manages and oversees all office operations and procedures
- General clerical duties: maintaining administrative records and document management by scanning, emailing and uploading to online file storage (Box). Training team managers in document management and holding them accountable for filing hard copy and digital documents for all respective entities and departments.
- Trains and supports project managers on various related administrative policies and procedures, i.e.generating reimbursements, processing purchase orders, providing W9 support, creating vendor accounts, etc.
- Responsible for purchasing, management and maintenance of office equipment and related supplies and inventory.
- Oversight of shipping, receiving and distribution of all incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries.
- Oversight of farm office assets and inventory: maintaining up-to-date detailed records of all farm office equipment, hardware, software, etc.
- Supports management team in the general management data organization, reporting and tracking tools, etc.
Human Resources Administration
- Serves as primary liaison and supports offsite Human Resource team by assisting with collection, execution and distribution of company employment documents.
- Works with offsite Human Resource team on all: injury reports and workers compensation claims
- Assist with collection and filing of hire paperwork.
- Provide administrative support to the Time and Attendance tracking system.
- Other duties as assigned.
• 20 hours/week
Candidate/ Position Qualifications
· Understanding of and experience with basic bookkeeping systems
· Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience in Quickbooks a plus.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
· Minimum 2 years administrative or office management experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· A passion for sustainable agriculture and healthy food systems
· Self-starter who is able to work independently to solve problems creatively
· Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Candidates should send a cover letter outlining their experience, resume, available start date, contact information and two references to Kristen Moree at email@example.com. Please put “Office Manager” in the subject line. Qualified candidates will be contacted directly. No phone calls please.
Deadline to apply is Tuesday, May 15th, 2018.
For more company information, visit www.philoridgefarm.com
- Position Type: Administration
- Employment Type/ Status: Part Time