The Willowell Foundation has a unique opportunity for passionate outdoor early educators to help lead our Wren’s Nest Forest Preschool program into its next chapter. Our naturebased preschool located in Addison County, Vermont is expanding to full time. This exciting transition opens up new possibilities for Wren’s Nest, and we’re looking for applicants with a desire to help lead and grow an already thriving program. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone to incorporate a love for working with young children with a passion and enthusiasm for naturebased education.
We are hiring for three positions: full-time Teaching Director, full-time Associate Teacher, and part-time Associate Teacher. All three positions will work to play an integral role in the daily running and expansion of this program by working directly with students, collaborating with staff members, attending networking events, and keeping the program in good standing with STARS and Vermont State licensing regulations. Generous compensation, flexible schedule, and paid vacation.
About Wren’s Nest:
The Wren’s Nest Forest Preschool, run by The Willowell Foundation, has been operating as a one-day-a-week, nature-based preschool since September of 2012. We are a licensed, center-based program serving children ages 3-6. In September of 2018, the Wrens’ Nest Forest Preschool will move to a new site in New Haven on a 135 acre farm with diverse ecosystems. We plan to expand enrollment capacity (from 10 to 15 students), accept Act 166 Pre-K funding, attain more points in the STARS program, and begin operating a full week program.
● A teaching License or a combination of education and experience in a related field
● A passion for and experience in outdoor education
● Dedication to exploring the natural environment, and a working knowledge of local flora,
fauna, and seasonal changes to Vermont’s landscape
● Experience working with young children from varying socio economic backgrounds
● An interest in working as a team to develop curriculum, communicate with families, and
manage staff schedules
● Strong organizational, verbal and written communication skills
● An interest in participating with other organizations and networks that are focused on early childhood education and legislative advocacy
● The ability to adhere to and maintain strict licensing regulations, state credentials, and reporting requirements
● Age 21 years or older (Director) and age 18 years or older (teachers)
● Ability to successfully complete required background checks
To apply, email your resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com For questions email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (802) 453-6195
- Position Type: Program
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time