This project will host 11 VISTAs across the state, in every county except for Chittenden County, serving collaboratively to:
- Support local implementation of the Vermont Coalition to End Homelessness’s new process for helping Vermonters access housing, including partner outreach and training
- Develop new business processes to minimize time and frustration for people experiencing homelessness
- Initiate and enhance partnerships and joint planning between homeless shelter/service providers and treatment/recovery providers
- Conduct a local Housing & Support Needs Assessment for individuals and families in recovery (including early) of substance/opioid use disorders.
Drug overdose is a leading cause of death for people who are homeless, and someone with opioid use disorder is at greater risk of homelessness. Access to safe, stable housing and supports is key to supporting people on their recovery path. VISTA members will help communities identify how resources mobilized to address the opioid crisis can meet the needs of those Vermonters experiencing homelessness.
Program Benefits: Relocation Allowance , Training , Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend , Health Coverage* , Living Allowance , Childcare assistance if eligible .
Program Dates: 08/06/2018 – 08/05/2019
- Position Type: Administration
- Location: Addison County; Bennington County; Caledonia County; Essex County; Franklin County; Grand Isle County; Lamoille County; Orange County; Orleans County; Rutland County; Washington County; Windham County; Windsor County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time