Position: Seasonal, part-time
The Local First Vermont Sales Associate recruits locally owned businesses in a set territory to participate in the Buy Local Resource Guide and Coupon Book and Local First Vermont Mobile App.
This position reports to the Local First Vermont Program Manger.
Pay: Hourly plus commission, non-exempt
- Identify new businesses to invite to participate in the book/app
- Use email, phone calls and in-person visits to secure new advertisers and re-sign current advertisers
- Attend the Sales Team Training
- Maintain and online database of participating businesses
- Collect and enter data for various ad products
- Represent Local First Vermont and VBSR in a professional manner consistent with the mission of the organization.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent sales skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail, copy editing experience a plus
- Ability to lift and carry items weighing 40-50 lbs
- Experience with online forms and spreadsheets
- Daily access to a personal computer and mobile phone
- Personal vehicle necessary, travel required
- Aligned with the mission of VBSR
At Local First Vermont our mission is to preserve and enhance the economic, human, and natural vitality of Vermont communities by promoting the importance of purchasing from locally-owned independent businesses. We achieve this through education of citizens, businesses and local governments.
VBSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, veterans, people of color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community and individuals from diverse and often underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
To apply, send cover letter attention Jane Campbell and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
- Position Type: Unknown / Not Applicable
- Location: Vermont (statewide); Addison County; Chittenden County; Lamoille County; Rutland County
- Employment Type/ Status: Temporary/ Seasonal