The 2-1-1 Resource Manager is responsible for ensuring the maintenance and maximum utilization of the database accordance with established policies, including the AIRS standards. The 2-1-1 Resource Manager trains and supports Resource Specialists, interns, volunteers and community partners. The 2-1-1 Resource Manager implements the plan for resource database development, maintenance and updates. The Manager also produces and distributes contact center statistical reports.
• Bachelor’s Degree with minimum of three year of experience in human services (preferred experience in information and referral)
• Supervisory experience, utilizing a supportive coaching model and experience developing and delivering training.
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of health and human services delivery systems (familiarity with Vermont organizations preferred).
• Advanced computer skills using MS Office application, Internet research and database software.
• Preferred AIRS CRS (Certified Resource Specialist) credential
• Valid drivers license and reliable transportation
• Expert database management skills and related applications including report generation and modification
• Excellent organizational skills and very detail oriented
• Excellent training and mentoring skills
• Ability to relate effectively with people from all economic, racial, age, ethnic, and social groups
• Innovative thinker who is positive, proactive and readily embraces change
• Ability to work effectively with community partners
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills, including editing
• Able to work independently, prioritize tasks and take initiative
• Willingness to actively participate as a team member.
• Database Management:
o Implements plan for Vermont 2-1-1 database development, maintenance and updating
o Creates and updates department policies as needed (inclusion/exclusion, style guide)
o Continuous monitoring of National Taxonomy updates and specialized taxonomy hierarchy decisions
o Promotes and designs standardization of database including taxonomy and data entry fields
o Maintains website search tool
o Maintenance of all customized fields in database software
• Builds and maintains relationships with key vendors, including database software developer.
• Builds and maintains relationships with health and human service providers and key partners, including Help Me Grow Vermont, AgeWell, VEM, DOH and others.
• Produces monthly statistical reports and supports staff in developing and maintaining statistical reports and responds to specialized data report requests
• Trains, and supports Resource Database Specialists, interns, volunteers and community partners.
• Assists in producing, editing and proofreading 211 marketing materials/publications (annual snapshot, newsletter, Facebook, town reports, logo and links to partner websites)
• Supports after hours contractor / staff in conjunction with the Management Team
• Attends staff meetings, conferences and workshops to improve professional skills.
• Seeks and maintains Certified Information & Referral (CIRS) credential AND Certified Resource Specialist (CRS) credential when eligible to do so;
• Stays informed on broad social issues and changes that impact human services in Vermont.
• Works toward achieving program quality assurance standards (communication responsiveness and peer review process).
• Works closely with the 2-1-1 Director and Contact Center Manager in producing the documentation necessary to maintain AIRS Accreditation and 5-year renewal;
• Represents Vermont 2-1-1 effectively to agencies and groups both on the telephone and in person.
• Works on a shift other than regularly scheduled one, as needed.
• Other duties as assigned by 2-1-1 Director.
- Position Type: Program
- Location: Chittenden County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time