The Development Director oversees the overall development operations; with a direct focus on annual giving, reporting, special initiatives and projects, and effective development communications that advance the mission of Farm & Wilderness Foundation (F&W). The Development Director leads and is part of an advancement team comprised of the Executive Director, Advancement Director, Data Specialist and the Communications and Community Events Manager. This position is located at our Main Office in Plymouth, VT.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Manage the overall Development Department through the implementation of the strategic fundraising plan/goals.
- Strategize, plan and manage the annual fund campaigns.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for Board and committee meetings; coordinate team’s reporting.
- Support the Advancement Director in creating a plan for increased Major Gifts giving and donor engagement.
- Steward and solicit an assigned portfolio of major donors for annual and restricted giving.
- Lead the Communications function of F&W and work with Communications Manager to set and implement overall communications goals for the organization; including for marketing, admissions, camp director and staff communications, development and alumni relations.
- Oversee staff work on Community Events and Alumni Relations.
- Coordinate agendas and lead Development Staff meetings.
- Manage Board of Trustees’ engagement on annual campaigns (Thank You calls/notes, appeal support, support for segmented approaches).
- Position Type: Development
- Location: Windsor County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time