Director of Philanthropy
About the Position:
- Full-time position overseeing all aspects of philanthropic development and communications, including marketing strategies and communications, fundraising, private giving, grant writing, and public relations activities working with a team of three talented professionals to raise $1.5 million in annualized revenue by FY 2019.
- Responsible for seizing opportunities for revenue, engagement and awareness, while also building infrastructure, capacity, and reputational capital for long-term sustainability.
- Responsible for the cultivation and securing of funds for Lund programs; will develop and lead comprehensive strategic vision and planning for both annual and longer-term development goals.
- Shapes and assures implementation of a comprehensive development strategy to expand funding through annual giving, planned giving, prospect identification, endowment, etc. shaping, planning and assuring implementation of Lund’s development plan.
- Helps develop a balanced funding mix of donor sources and solicitation programs tailed to the needs of Lund that will enable it to attract, retain, and motivate donors and fundraising volunteers.
- Fosters a culture of philanthropy within the organization, including designing educational programs for staff and volunteers and facilitating identification of and sharing of best practices. Leads staff and volunteers to ensure that philanthropy and fundraising activities are carried out in a manner keeping with the organization’s values, mission, vision, and long-term strategic plans.
- Serve as primary relationship manager for major prospects and donors and increase giving annually. Solicits contributions on behalf of Lund and helps board members, the Executive Director and other staff and volunteers cultivate and solicit charitable gifts. Develops cultivation strategies to build new funder relationships and supporters with a particular focus on individual and major donor giving; facilitates donor introductions, cultivates new high potential donors, and works with board and ED to maximize their fundraising efforts.
- Oversees development team ensuring their growth and success.
- Establishes performance measures and monitors results to evaluate the effectiveness of Lund’s philanthropy, communications and marketing efforts.
- Ensures compliance with all relevant regulations and laws, maintains best practices and accountability standards to donors, and ensures compliance with code of ethical principles and standards of professional conduct.
What We Look for:
- A passion for Lund’s overall mission and programs. Significant experience with a mission driven approach to securing funding from individuals, corporations and foundations with proven results in achieving or exceeding annual and long term goals.
- Innovative strategic, entrepreneurial, collaborative team player who can give and take advice and support, is flexible and adaptable, persistent, resilient, and thrives in a synergistic environment.
- Exceptional written communication skills, and verbal interpersonal communication and presentation skills with the ability to serve as a key spokesperson for Lund; significant experience pitching, presenting, and engaging audiences.
- Experience managing organizational communications.
- Leadership experience in creating and executing development strategy involving multiple departments and teams.
- Proven track record of cultivating, nurturing, closing, sustaining, and managing a high-level portfolio of principal 5-7 figure gifts from donors and prospects, culminating in major gift success, including planned giving.
- Excels in relationship building; is a good listener, patient, tolerant, tactful, able to switch gears quickly and easily and work well with a diverse group of people and constituencies.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with board and other volunteers, as well as civic and business leaders, in a collaborative and respectful manner, and comfortable interacting with a diverse network of supporters.
- Skilled manager with demonstrated ability to coach, motivate, and empower a strong team that is focused on impact, excellence, and results as well as a commitment to intra and interdepartmental collaboration.
- Data-driven, results-oriented, and forward thinker who leverages metrics to demonstrate return on investment for donors and partners.
- Goal-oriented individual with sound judgement and integrity, as well as a high level of energy, enthusiasm, and dedication to the mission and goals of the organization.
- Willing to try new approaches and take appropriate risks.
- Meticulous attention to detail and demonstrated critical and strategic thinking skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Valid VT Driver’s License and access to reliable transportation required.
Why Join Our Team at Lund:
- We honor and celebrate the distinctive strengths and talents of our clients and staff.
- Our work encompasses collaboration with a strong team of professionals and a strengths-based approach to providing services to families.
- Lund’s adoption program provides life-long services to families brought together through adoption.
- Lund’s residential and community treatment programs are distinctive as our work focuses on both treatment and parenting.
- Lund’s educators believe in laughter, the importance of fun, community-oriented activities, and non-stop learning.
- Ongoing training opportunities are available.
- Lund offers competitive pay and paid training, as well as a comprehensive and very generous benefit package including health, dental, life, disability, retirement, extensive time off accrual, 11 paid holidays, and wellness reimbursement. EEO/AA
- Position Type: Development
- Location: Vermont (statewide); Chittenden County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time