Helen Day Art Center in Stowe, VT seeks an Office Administrator.
The Art Center is a fast-paced, mission-driven organization in Stowe, VT offering dynamic programming through exhibitions, education and public programs.
The Office Administrator shall support administrative functions for the organization, with a particular focus on the daily operations of the Education, Development and Exhibition programs. Key qualities include attention to detail, hard-working, team player, self-driven, and previous experience with administrative duties and database entry.
The role requires the ability to work with extreme accuracy and efficiency, a high degree of dependability and professionalism, expertise in customer service, strong knowledge of office fundamentals, ability to maintain good spirit and humor under pressure, and trustworthiness.
The position requires 40 hours during the week with occasional nights and weekends.
Bachelor’s degree required
Position is open until filled
Compensation based on skills and experience
Submit a cover letter, resume and references immediately to Jen Schoeberlein at email@example.com
Full position description below:
Responsibilities of the Office Administrator are ranked by priority across several areas. As the position matures and evolves, so too will the duties.
These responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
A. (Highest priority)
- Act as first point of contact for HDAC and provide production and administrative support to the staff. This includes answering phones; managing incoming and outgoing mail; ordering supplies; processing memberships, credit card payments; assisting the bookkeeper; and any other office administrative tasks that are requested. Assist in the coordination of public programs and special events; set up for all events including education, development, and exhibitions.
- Support Youth and Adult Education Programs including classes, workshops camps, tours of exhibits, Steamroller, and Family Days. This includes processing registrations and maintaining and organizing program specific needs such as class rosters, student paperwork, confirmations, evaluations, and data updates.
- Support the Development work and general operations of the Art Center. This includes assisting with data input and ongoing maintainence of the Salesforce database; production and tracking of ongoing donor activities such as annual appeal and annual report; production and tracking of gift acknowledgements and Executive Director thank you’s.
- Implement marketing and promotion of HDAC programs, including distributing press releases; managing and developing content for eblasts, calendar listings, website and social media.
- Provide accounting support for bookkeeper using Quickbooks, preparing receipts, bills, deposit forms, etc.
- Manage and staff the facility during occasional off-hours activities including, but not limited to classes, events, parties, and facility rentals. Be the alternate for weekend gallery hours.
- Assist with recruitment and coordination of volunteers and interns for the Art Center.
- Administrative support of exhibitions, including producing labels for artwork, name tags for openings, printing of gallery guides, and when asked, contracts, consignment lists, supplemental materials, statements, biographical information, etc.
- In absence of Gallery Manager, assist with operations of the gallery & exhibitions. This includes opening galleries; executing gallery sales; creating gallery instructional documents for volunteers and gallery greeters; processing ticket sales and RSVPs for HDAC events and functions.
- Outreach efforts to Vermont youth and schools and coordinating exhibition tours.
- Compile, organize and maintain the digital archive for Education.
- Help to manage the physical Exhibition archive including press coverage, gallery publications, collateral and promotional materials.
- As requested by or in absence of the Gallery Manager: file, organize and post artist submissions; maintain Visual Arts / Curatorial Committee Review website.
- Develop, refine and implement evaluations and other metrics to measure the impact and efficacy of programs.
- Facilities Management: Administration and marketing of facility rentals and the birthday party program.
- Organize physical space in the office, basement storage, and storage closets.
- Other duties as requested.
The Helen Day Art Center’s staff of five operates as a team. Staff members assist each other as needed, so that the Art Center presents a unified schedule of exhibits and programs to the public, in support of the mission, vision and goals of the Art Center.
- Occasional evening and weekend work required.
- Hours will fluctuate some weeks dependent on exhibitions, education programs, or special events.
- Some travel is required.
The above duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed in this job. They should not be construed as an exhaustive listing of all job duties and responsibilities by employees so classified.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Relevant degree and minimum of 3 years administrative work experience.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, with the ability to set priorities and limits in order to accomplish tasks, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities.
- The ability to work independently, multi-task, and participate as an effective team member.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Self-motivated with ability to work cooperatively with staff, board members, affiliates, peers, volunteers and interns.
- Knowledge of fundamental office practices, procedures and equipment & high degree of functionality with hardware and software in a networked Microsoft Office / Google docs – drive environment; Adobe Creative Suite / Creative Cloud preferred.
- Superior customer service skills: warmth, friendliness and an accommodating and welcoming attitude toward all.
- High degree of personal and professional integrity and the ability to treat sensitive information with the highest degree of confidentiality. Ability to exercise good judgment, courtesy and tact in dealing with the general public, board, staff and affiliates of Art Center.
- Expertise in creating and managing social media.
- Competence at electronic data entry and information management required, as well as ability to analyze data for program monitoring and improvement.
- Fluency in English, with additional languages preferred.
- Commitment to the value of diversity including gender, race, age, socio-economic level, sexual orientation and religion.
- A valid driver’s license required and access to a vehicle preferred.
- Position Type: Administration
- Location: Lamoille County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time