The Director of Workforce Development is a new position at Youth Services (based in Brattleboro and Bellows Falls, VT). We are looking for someone to help us oversee existing programs as well as launch a vibrant new community resource. The Director will create a youth-led business that will incorporate a work-skills training program. As well, the Director will supervise our Ready to Achieve Mentoring Program and look to expand our agency’s workforce development programming. We are seeking a highly motivated, business-oriented, creative thinker who is excited to combine these skills in innovative ways. The ideal candidate must have the ability to think globally, solve problems as well as have good decision-making and critical thinking skills.
About Youth Services:
Youth Services has been a highly-respected part of the Windham County of VT community since 1972. Our mission is to provide transformative prevention, intervention and development programs for young people and families in Windham County communities. Youth Services is a supportive, creative, dynamic workplace. We offer a competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
- Have at least 3+ years of retail/business and/or workforce development experience;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage with adolescents and young adults is a must.
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience with strength-based practices and youth development frameworks;
- Experience in running a program that incorporates mentoring or being a mentor;
- Demonstrate ability to contribute to a supportive, and affirming environment for all youth;
- Understanding of dynamics of oppression, marginalization, poverty and youth homelessness and ability to thrive in diverse work environment;
- Successful experience teaching, training or supervising new learners, and a talent for empowering and engaging others to work together to achieve goals;
- Experience and confidence identifying and implementing evidence based practices
- Develop and administer youth-led business that will include a mentoring component;
- Oversee our Ready to Achieve Mentoring Program, include supervision of staff;
- Participate in Youth Services’ Leadership Team to provide guidance and support in furthering the agency’s mission, vision, and strategic plans;
- Attend local, state and national network meetings and support advocacy efforts of the agency for our clients;
- Develop relationships and collaborative partnerships with state and social service agencies, community partners, and stakeholders to further the agency’s ability to achieve agency goals and improve the system of care for our clients.
Supervised by: Executive Director
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with application materials:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
Deadline: on-going until position is filled.
- Position Type: Development
- Location: Windham County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time