The Mentor Connector, Rutland County’s youth-mentoring organization, is expanding and WE NEED YOU! Our fun-filled office is looking for a dynamic team player to lead our new Family Mentoring Program. This innovative program matches families dealing with opioid dependence with a team of highly trained mentors (one family mentor and a youth mentor for each youth) to increase family functioning and self-sustainability. The ideal candidate would be a self-starter, have experience in the human service field, and love working with people.
This Part-Time, 20-25 hours / week, position includes generous paid time off for holidays, sick leave, and vacation. A flexible and team-oriented work environment.
- Lead the development and implementation of the new Family Mentoring Program. This includes recruiting families and mentors, creating and implementing training, providing ongoing support, and program evaluation.
- Oversee program adherence to The Mentor Connector’s policies and procedures as well as to the Elements of Effective Practice.
- Collaborate with area schools, human service organizations, and community-based groups to advocate for families, identify referrals, and remain up-to-date on data related to mentoring / family support.
- Provide monthly case-management and referral support to mentors, youth, and families.
- Oversee data collection and maintain accurate and confidential paperwork.
- Attend fundraising and outreach events, staff meetings, and community meetings.
The selected candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services / Behavioral Science or equivalent job experience with one year of Social Work related experience required.
- Experience working with families dealing with opioid dependence desired.
- Excellent verbal, non-verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills a must.
- Ability to work independently but also a team player with a “do whatever it takes” attitude.
- Ability to work varied hours to meet the needs of clients.
- Candidate must complete a Federal Background Check and possess reliable transportation as position requires 20%-30% travel within Rutland County.
Please send cover letter and resume to Chris@MentorConnector.com.The Mentor Connector is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Position Type: Program
- Location: Rutland County
- Employment Type/ Status: Part Time