Salaried Position, Full Time, assistant in Development Department (including, social media and website).
The Development Assistant works under the direction of the Development Director and assists the Development Director and Development Officer to develop and implement administrative and assistive duties. The Development Assistant also collaborates with the Development Team on fundraising activities and general administrative activities, while taking responsibility of all social media platforms, communications materials and website management.
The Development Assistant’s primary responsibilities are:
- Manage social media campaigns across a number of platforms, write and gather content for electronic publications, blogs, and printed newsletters and other communications materials.
- Manage organization’s website content.
- Fundraising administrative duties as directed by the Development Director and Development Officer.
- Departmental administrative duties as directed by the Development Director and Development Officer.
- High School degree
- Working knowledge of leveraging social media technologies such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and blogs
- Working knowledge of web analytics software preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Familiarity Windows operating systems, HTML, Microsoft Office
- Experience managing websites preferred
- Ability to work effectively with multiple individuals
- Manage several projects at once
- Experience with database software preferred
- Experience with preparation of press releases preferred
- Results-orientated and strong organizational skills
- Flexibility to attend occasional evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events
- Position Type: Development
- Location: Chittenden County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time