The Vermont Arts Council, an independent nonprofit statewide organization, seeks a dynamic and passionate individual to serve as deputy director of the Council and program manager for the Vermont Creative Network.
Working closely with the executive director, the deputy director is responsible for managing the Council’s programs and day-to-day operations, to ensure smooth and effective implementation of the new strategic plan. The deputy director supervises a skilled and creative program team and reports to the executive director. Staff development, mentoring, and evaluation are central to the position.
The deputy director also has primary responsibility for oversight of the Vermont Creative Network (VCN). The VCN is an innovative statewide collective to advance Vermont’s diverse creative sector. With the Arts Council as its backbone, the VCN is composed of a statewide Steering Team and six creative zones with local leadership. The ideal candidate for this position will actively engage and energize the creative zones, working collaboratively with zone leaders and the VCN Steering Team to further envision and implement the next phase of the VCN’s work. More information about the Creative Network can be found here on the VCN website.
This is a full-time position based at the Vermont Arts Council office in Montpelier. It requires flexible hours and a willingness to travel frequently throughout the state.
- Minimum of five years working in a nonprofit arts or humanities organization
- Experience effectively supervising and mentoring professional staff
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative, and ability to foster collaboration
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong administrative and analytical abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline of the liberal arts or fine arts
- Knowledge of Vermont’s arts landscape and cultural organizations
- Familiarity with the history and aims of the Vermont Creative Network
- Personal or professional connection to the arts
Applications will be accepted until January 22, 2018 and will be kept strictly confidential.
For information on how to apply, visit http://www.vermontartscouncil.org/about-us/employment.
The Vermont Arts Council is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining an environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic bias, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or other category protected by applicable state or federal law.
- Position Type: Administration
- Location: Washington County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time
- Name: Vermont Arts Council
- Website: http://www.vermontartscouncil.org
Please contact this organization for additional information.