ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT POSITION
Temporary position: 20 hours per week
White River Junction, Vermont
Instructions on how to apply for this position follow the job description.
Vermont Adult Learning Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Employment Classification: Temporary – Part Time – 20 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
Duration of Position: Estimated to end no later than 6/30/2018
Reports To: Regional Manager
Primary Work Site: Vermont Adult Learning Center in White River Junction, VT
Purpose of the Job: The Administrative Assistant is responsible to support the primary functions of the Regional Manager and the Learning Center. This position demands a commitment to exceptional performance as well as working successfully within a team environment.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Answers phone, greets all students / visitors in a welcoming and encouraging fashion
- Provides appropriate and accurate program information as needed
- Schedules on site testing and orientation
- Calls students with appointment reminders
- Maintains files as required
- Assists with office communication process: making copies, and scanning information
- Assists in ordering office supplies and educational materials when directed
- Assists the Regional Manager in other duties as assigned
- Maintains professional standards of confidentiality
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
- Manages and prioritizes multiple tasks simultaneously
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates competency with basic office computer applications such as word processing and spreadsheets
- Meets deadlines consistently
- Demonstrate consistent accurate attention to detail
- Communicates effectively in English, orally and in writing.
- Requires high school diploma, or equivalency, with at least 2 years of relevant working experience. Other combinations of education or work experience may be considered to meet qualification requirements.
Working Conditions & Environment: Busy office environment
Mandated Reporter: All Vermont Adult Learning staff are required to be familiar with Vermont’s Mandated Reporter law.
Background Check: A confidential, national criminal records check will be performed on all applicants offered employment. Continued employment is subject to the final determination reached based on the results of the check.
Status: This is a Non- Exempt, Hourly position.
Benefits: No benefits are associated with this temporary position
Hourly Rate: $14.36
Position open until filled
To apply for the position, send a cover letter, three professional references and a resume: electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Position Type: Administration
- Location: Windsor County
- Employment Type/ Status: Temporary/ Seasonal