The Community Health Centers of Burlington is recruiting for a Development and Communications Assistant! This position provides administrative support to the Community Relations and Development Team in order to further the CHCB mission. Aspects of this position include assisting with print materials, communicating with community resources, processing donations and general organization of team projects and events. This position also provides administrative support to the Chief Operating Officer, including scheduling, performance tracking and file management, as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree in a related field.
- Two years’ experience and one or more (cumulative) years of related development/communications or non-profit experience.
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, After Effects).
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Strong time and self-management skills with competing multiple projects and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general administrative and clerical processes and procedures such as managing records, facilitating mail merges and mailings, database reporting, and operating/troubleshooting standard business machines such as photocopiers, faxes, postage meters and the like.
- Excellent writing and editing abilities.
- Ability to provide creative input and critical thinking to further CR&D mission.
- A sense of humor, patience and an outstanding commitment to CHCB.
All people share a powerful need for the basic necessities of a good life and a place that understands that good health starts with a caring touch and a kind word. For over 45 years, the Community Health Centers of Burlington (CHCB) has provided access to high quality health care regardless of financial status or life circumstance. We strive to improve the health of all within the communities we serve in an environment that conveys respect, offers support, and encourages people to be actively involved in their own health care. Our positive, mission-minded staff make CHCB a great place to work!
CHCB is an innovative Federally Qualified Health Center with eight sites throughout Chittenden County and southern Grand Isle County. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the organization. We offer an excellent benefits package to eligible employees.
Learn more about this position and other current career opportunities at https://www.chcb.org/careers/positions-available/
- Position Type: Administration
- Location: Chittenden County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time