The Executive Director plays a central role in the implementation and coordination of programs and operations for Technology for Tomorrow (T4T). The Executive Director works independently and collaboratively with T4T board members to plan, manage, and implement activities in the following areas: research and evaluation, meeting design and coordination, grant/contract management, grant and report writing, and development of marketing materials. Other responsibilities include supporting communications activities, serving as liaison and T4T representative at meetings, and establishing and maintaining partnerships to advance T4T’s mission.
RESPONSIBILITIES & REQUIREMENTS
- Participate in long-and short-term program development and planning.
- Develop and effectively manage program timelines to ensure timely completion of program deliverables.
- Monitor program activities to ensure quality and accuracy of T4T work outcomes vis-à-vis contractual and grant commitments.
- Manage and coordinate programming operations including facilitation of small and large group meetings and trainings.
- Provide technological (or technology based or focused) assistance to members of the community via T4T workshops.
- Develop publications, grant applications, and reports through collaborative writing and editing.
- Manage relationships with contractors.
- Participate in T4T strategic planning activities with Board of Directors.
- Identify opportunities for marketing programs and services and implement promotional activities on behalf of T4T, including via T4T’s Web site.
- Identify partnership and funding opportunities and promote relationship-building among T4T and other organizations, agencies, and/or individuals.
- Develop and disseminate programmatic and marketing materials.
- Develop PowerPoint presentations and other materials for use during program-related events.
- Develop written and online tools for programmatic use including survey and evaluation instruments.
- Serve as programmatic liaison to external partners,including representing T4T at national,regional and local meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong knowledge and 5 years plus experience of not for profit (NFP) sector
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and groups on complex community issues; including working with both high school student volunteers and senior citizen-aged participants
- Track record of successful grant development and program management
- Knowledge of and interest in technological assistance and communications, including social media platforms
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to apply appropriate judgement and discretion
- Willingness to engage in continuous learning and training
- Demonstrated professional and political aptitude COMPENSATION Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications. All applicants will be required to complete a background check and fingerprint test as a requirement of school districts for working with high school students.Interested candidates should send your resume (including at least two professional references) and a cover letter—all saved in a single .pdf document—to Mr. Vijay Desai, via email at email@example.com with the title, “executive director application” in the subject line. No phone calls please.Technology for Tomorrow (T4) does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Technology for Tomorrow (T4T) is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
- Position Type: Executive
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time