The Communication Manager is responsible for promoting, enhancing and protecting VBSR’s brand reputation to ensure that the organization’s external communications are effective and coordinated, bringing VBSR’s value proposition to priority audiences, and to support VBSR’s strategic plan. This is an exempt, full-time, permanent position, reporting to the Executive Director.
- Actively develop and implement a strategic, integrated approach to communicating VBSR’s value proposition, including policy, program and event communications to priority audiences.
- Ensure the overall brand of the organization is highlighted.
- Oversee development and management of promotional materials and communications to
- support the recruitment of new members,
- promote member engagement in and awareness of VBSR policy issues,
- promote member engagement with triple-bottom-line business practices,
- promote event attendance through electronic and printed invitations and social media.
- Ensure VBSR promotional materials and communications are visually effective and that the content is compelling, accurate and timely.
- Serve as the primary staff lead for monthly e-news, social media, and website. (All staff members are responsible for posting and providing content related to their programs).
- Develop shared media opportunities and collaborations, and actively recruit relationships with media and other communication outlets and respond to inquiries from the media.
- Work with other VBSR staff to forward the organization’s work and mission.
- A desire to support business policies and practices that provide innovative solutions to issues affecting the planet, people and prosperity
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in marketing and/or communications¾five years’ experience preferred, with a demonstrated progression of responsibility
- Proven leadership ability and adept at working in a team environment
- Proven ability to develop shared media opportunities and collaborations
- Proven success with both digital and traditional media outreach
- Good public speaking skills
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong connections with Vermont media representatives
- Familiarity with the business community
- Experience with WordPress and InDesign or similar
- Sitting at a desk and working with a computer and phone for long periods of time.
- Some travel and occasional evenings required.
- Office is located at 255 So. Champlain St., Ste. 11, Burlington, VT 05401
VBSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, veterans, people of color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community and individuals from diverse and often underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
To apply, send cover letter, resume and three references to Jane Campbell at firstname.lastname@example.org by 11/20/17. No phone calls, please.
- Position Type: Executive
- Location: Chittenden County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time