Location: Newport, VT
Green Mountain Farm-to-School (GMFTS) is a nonprofit organization promoting the health and well-being of Vermont’s children, farms and communities by providing programs to connect schools and farms through food and education. We do this by building school gardens, delivering local food to schools and institutions, and educating the community about healthy food choices. For more information about GMFTS, please visit www.greenmountainfarmtoschool.org.
Green Mountain Farm-to-School seeks a dynamic, mission-driven professional with strong communications and organizational skills to support the growth of our organization. The communications and development coordinator will conduct outreach for GMFTS programs and services; help to craft and execute an organizational communications and marketing strategy; and assist with fundraising activities and other special projects. The communications and development coordinator will report to the executive director.
The communications and development coordinator will:
- Develop and execute strategies to communicate about all of GMFTS programs and services to various audiences and the general public
- Create and distribute the organization’s e-newsletters and develop regular press releases to promote the organization’s work
- Manage and update GMFTS website and manage social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Develop and implement an annual marketing, communications, and assist with developing fundraising plan
- Assist with organizational development by overseeing coordination and execution of fundraising events
- Assist in drafting grant proposals, renewals, and reports; Research new funding opportunities
- Assist in drafting and coordinating annual direct mail solicitation
- Assist in soliciting donations and vendors for events and fundraisers
- Draft gift acknowledgment letters and manage other correspondence with donors
- Work with designer to create promotional materials for GMFTS and its programs
- Create and implement marketing plan for GMFTS events
- Maintain and update GMFTS donor database
- Work with executive director to identify and cultivate community and business sponsors
- Create or assist with other communications and development projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required,
- Experience in marketing, public relations, or other communications management; experience in a nonprofit setting preferred
- Experience with fundraising, event coordination, and nonprofit fund development work preferred
- Strong writing and verbal communication abilities; knowledge of AP Style a plus
- Strong computer skills; graphic design, web design, and/or desktop publishing experience helpful
- Excellent interpersonal skills: demonstrated ability to develop and maintain relationships and interact effectively with donors, prospects, board members, and program beneficiaries
- Self-motivated and self-directed with a willingness to be flexible, positive, and adaptable in a rapidly changing landscape with the possibility of unanticipated projects and demands
Compensation: This is a full-time position (40 hours/week: Monday through Friday with occasional weekends) non-exempt position with salary range $32,000 – $36,000 and benefits commensurate with experience.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
GMFTS is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Position Type: Development
- Location: Orleans County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time