The Community Health Centers of Burlington is recruiting for a full-time Development Manager! This position helps to develop and execute a comprehensive annual campaign focused on building philanthropic support for CHCB’s mission. This position oversees fundraising strategies for programmatic and capital needs, and also develops initiatives for donor engagement to steward existing donors and cultivate new supporters.
- Bachelors Degree
- 4-6 years experience in nonprofit development work with a proven track record to meet goals. Must possess familiarity with core development principles: donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship, annual appeal programs, grant writing, events, storytelling, etc.
- Experience working in major gifts highly desireable.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Leadership and initiative to move projects forward often independently. Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work; exercise good judgment; manage important relationships.
- Highly creative thinking. Must be able to produce quality content against deadlines.
- Experience in event planning; ability to plan, oversee and attend evening and/or weekend functions and activities as demanded by position requirements.
All people share a powerful need for the basic necessities of a good life and a place that understands that good health starts with a caring touch and a kind word. For over 45 years, the Community Health Centers of Burlington (CHCB) has provided access to high quality health care regardless of financial status or life circumstance. We strive to improve the health of all within the communities we serve in an environment that conveys respect, offers support, and encourages people to be actively involved in their own health care. Our positive, mission-minded staff make CHCB a great place to work!
CHCB is an innovative Federally Qualified Health Center with eight sites throughout Chittenden County and southern Grand Isle County. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the organization. We offer an excellent benefits package to eligible employees.
Learn more about this position and other current career opportunities at https://www.chcb.org/careers/positions-available/
Job Type: Full-time
- Position Type: Development
- Location: Chittenden County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time