The Clinical Social Worker – Depression Clinician provides assessment, clinical recommendations, and counseling, with emphasis on patients who struggle with depression and are receiving medication for depression at CHCB. Provides mental health and substance abuse counseling. Conducts screening, assessment, diagnosis, provides brief counseling support and longer term psychotherapy for co-occurring conditions, behavioral medicine interventions, medical case management, crisis interventions. The Clinical Social Worker works as part of a medical treatment team and serves as liaison to other treatment providers.
- MSW Degree from graduate school of social work, accredited by (CSWE).
- Licensure as an independent clinical social worker in the State of Vermont.
- Three to five years of clinical practice experience preferred, but not mandatory.
- Experience in a medical setting a plus!
- Interest in behavioral medicine approaches, CBT, addiction treatment.
- Strong diagnostic, assessment, psychotherapy, clinical care coordination, and crisis intervention skills.
All people share a powerful need for the basic necessities of a good life and a place that understands that good health starts with a caring touch and a kind word. For over 45 years, the Community Health Centers of Burlington (CHCB) has provided access to high quality health care regardless of financial status or life circumstance. We strive to improve the health of all within the communities we serve in an environment that conveys respect, offers support, and encourages people to be actively involved in their own health care. Our positive, mission-minded staff make CHCB a great place to work!
CHCB is an innovative Federally Qualified Health Center with eight sites throughout Chittenden Country and southern Grand Isle County. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the organization. We offer an excellent benefits package to eligible employees.
Learn more about this position and other current career opportunities at https://www.chcb.org/careers/positions-available/
- Position Type: Unknown / Not Applicable
- Location: Chittenden County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time