The Vermont Council of Special Education Administrators is looking for a 20 hour per week Administrative Assistant for bookkeeping and administrative duties including managing logistics for VCSEA’s conferences and events during the year. This is a flexible position based in Montpelier.
Duties of this position include:
- Type and edit reports, meeting minutes, and correspondence.
- Create spreadsheets as for membership, conferences and workshops and webinars using Excel or other technology as requested.
- Maintain up to date mailing list and process membership applications.
- Provide logistical support for all VCSEA conferences and events.
- Create invoices, send these to recipients via email (or through other mechanisms), maintain a detailed system of organization around invoices and ensure payment is made.
- Follow up on unpaid invoices as requested.
- Copy checks, maintain record of payments and take deposits to bank.
- Match bills to checks for payables and write checks.
- Compile data as requested.
- Maintain financial records for overall VCSEA budget including for legislative monitor, membership, conferences, workshop and webinars and provide monthly budget vs actual reports.
- Report to the VCSEA Executive Director and Treasurer on accounts and finances as well as other requests.
- Maintain records of VCSEA IRS required documents, insurance policies and timely payments.
- Maintain clear filing system by subject including, but not limited to board minutes, committee minutes, by-laws, policies, financial records.
- Maintain supplies.
- Update and maintain VCSEA website.
- Fluent with word processing program. Proficiency with a variety of computer applications including word processing, spreadsheet, database, Internet/email, Google applications, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of standard office procedures.
- Strong organizational skills, detail oriented.
- Ability to keep and track financial accounts of all required aspects of the organization under minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain positive and effective interpersonal relationships within the organization and within the building.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of ethical professional conduct using good judgment including maintenance of confidentiality of information.
- Ability to work independently, as well as to cooperate as a team player.
Preference will be given to candidates with a working knowledge of QuickBooks accounting software. Nonprofit experience preferred, but not required.
Interested candidates should send an email to email@example.com with Administrative Assistant in the subject and attach a cover letter and resume.
The Vermont Council of Special Education Administrators is a non-profit organization providing leadership for the education of children with disabilities across Vermont for over 35 years. VCSEA supports Special Education Administrators and other special education leaders, and works closely and collaboratively with Superintendents, Principals, the Agency of Education, family support organizations and many other state organizations
- Position Type: Administration
- Location: Washington County
- Employment Type/ Status: Part Time