Supporting Central Vermonters to Age with Dignity and Choice
Central Vermont Council on Aging is an innovative agency dedicated to quality services for older persons living in Central Vermont. We are currently seeking applicants for the following 30 hour per week position based in our Barre office:
State Health Insurance Program (SHIP) Regional Coordinator
SHIP offers health benefits counseling for Medicare beneficiaries. The SHIP Regional Coordinator is responsible for providing outreach, education and counseling to Medicare beneficiaries and the public about program benefits, with an emphasis on Medicare Part D.
The perfect candidate:
- BA required; preferably in human services/social services or related field.
- 3-5 Years of experience in human services/social services or related field, especially with older adults and/or low-income persons.
- Background/knowledge of insurance issues, especially Medicare.
- Experience working with, training, and/or supervising volunteers.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to juggle high volume of clients needing assistance.
- Excellent research, written and oral communication and public speaking skills, including ability to conduct regular educational workshops for the public.
- Excellent computer skills- solid knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including power point.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and uphold highest standards of ethics.
- Ability to be non-judgmental and to work with a wide variety of people on a daily basis who may be under stress.
- After completion of initial training, a SHIP certification exam is required.
Central Vermont Council on Aging believes in and promotes employee well-being through its wellness committee activities, generous paid time off, comprehensive health, dental and vision insurances, discounted gym memberships and a commitment to work-life balance. Salary is based on experience.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applications from women, veterans, mature workers, individuals with disabilities and people from diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds are encouraged. For more information, visit our website at www.cvcoa.org .
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 18.
- Position Type: Administration
- Location: Washington County
- Employment Type/ Status: Part Time