Rutland County Women’s Network & Shelter
Housing Equity Advocate
Type of Position: Full time (40 hours/week), Exempt
Work Site: Shelter Office and Main Office
Supervisor: Program Director
Scope of Work: The Housing Equity Advocate provides direct services and high-quality advocacy to survivors residing in emergency housing. The Housing Equity Advocate works with staff to implement policies and practices which promote the safety and wellbeing of survivors of domestic and sexual violence. All advocacy provided by this position is survivor-centered, trauma informed and empowerment based.
Organizational and Administrative
· Demonstrate the core values of the organization.
· Work with board, staff and volunteers toward a shared goal of ending domestic and sexual violence in Rutland County.
· Ensure compliance with program policies, funding requirements, and best practices.
· Serve on organizational teams or committees and participate actively in staff meetings.
· Participate in organizational development activities.
· Serve as liaison to Shelter Coordinators Task Force.
· Serve on the local Housing Review Team for Rutland County.
· Work with agency staff and leadership to create and implement shelter policies and protocol which serve the mission of the organization.
· Contribute time to office coverage by answering the phone, answering the door, and greeting clients when needed
· Provide supportive case management for individuals residing in emergency housing.
· Facilitate weekly group house meetings.
· Assist clients in achieving their goals.
· Be knowledgeable about community resources and refer individuals effectively to outside agencies.
· Maintain healthy boundaries with clients.
· Complete case notes to maintain an accurate client file.
· Work with community agencies to safety plan and coordinate services.
· Teach social and life skills.
· Work with children to address their individual needs.
· Speak at local schools and colleges about healthy relations and domestic violence.
· Work with survivor, community partners, and landlords to transition shelter residents back into the community and into safe and permanent housing.
· Ensure maintenance of shelter facility.
· Available for on-call crisis hotline hours.(Including some nights and weekends)
· Minimum 3 years human services experience;
· Orientation to details and proven ability to manage multiple deadlines;
· A demonstrated commitment to anti-oppression work and ending domestic and sexual violence;
· Ability and commitment to work within a team model to achieve organizational goals;
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Proficiency in MS Office Suite
The Rutland County Women’s Network and Shelter is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, ability, or national origin.
- Position Type: Program
- Location: Rutland County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time