VERMONT ADULT LEARNING:
FULL TIME POSITION AVAILABLE
Resume deadline: Monday August 28, 2017 at 8:00 am
Employment Classification: Full Time
Primary Work Site: Burlington Learning Center
Reports to: Director of Operations
Purpose of the Job: The Regional Manager ensures the smooth operation of all aspects of the learning center and satellite sites in a region, including effective delivery of educational services. The Regional Manager is the regional representative of Vermont Adult Learning and, as such, builds partnerships with other educational organizations, employers, state agencies, etc. The Regional Manger is also part of the Vermont Adult Learning management team and supports organization-wide initiatives and efforts. Regional managers must believe in the value of education and be committed to providing exceptional learning opportunities for our students. They must show initiative and flexibility and work successfully both independently and as part of a team. They are an active member of the learning center team and must be willing to roll up their sleeves and join in the challenging and rewarding work of helping adult learners gain the basic skills they need.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Program Quality and Delivery: Ensure program offerings match local and contract requirements; monitor quality of instruction and program performance to achieve established performance targets; ensure quality and timely entry of data; manage student recruitment, engagement and retention.
- Supervision of Staff: Hire, supervise, train, coordinate and evaluate direct service and support staff.
- Fiscal Management: Develop, monitor and oversee the learning center budget.
- Community Relations: Create and maintain positive working relationships with community partners and the local legislative contingent. Supports marketing and fund raising efforts.
- Facilities Management: Ensure safe operation of building(s) and equipment, including technology.
- Organization Operations: Actively and effectively participate in Operations Team.
- Professional Development: Actively participate in personal professional development activities.
Qualifications, Knowledge& Skills
- Genuine belief in the transformative power of education and the right of all Vermonters to a basic level of education, no matter their age or previous educational history.
- Demonstrated ability to build teams, supervise staff, manage programs, and lead groups in achieving performance targets.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience preparing and managing organization budgets.
- Ability to problem solve in a team environment.
- Ability to promote Vermont Adult Learning and build collaboration with other organizations, including employers, non-profits, government agencies, etc.
- Experience managing programs and supervising staff essential.
- Strong technology skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Teaching and/or administrative experience in adult education and literacy instruction and/or nontraditional learning environments desirable.
- Grant writing and/or marketing experience desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
Working Conditions and Environment: Some travel within the state will be required. Personal, reliable transportation with a valid driver’s license is required. Requires working occasional evenings or weekends.
This is an Exempt, Salaried position.
Background Check: A confidential, national criminal records check will be performed on all applicants offered employment. Continued employment is subject to the final determination reached based on the results of the check.
All Managers and Supervisors are required by the state to be Mandated Reporters.
Benefits: In addition to a competitive salary, Vermont Adult Learning offers the following excellent benefits:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Premiums based upon employee’s work schedule
- Some health plans offer a Health Savings Account with contribution from the organization.
- Family coverage is also available.
- Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance are available at no cost to the employee.
- Flexible Spending/Dependent Care Benefits
- Vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and organization match after one year.
- Generous paid time off includes 11 holidays each year
Organization web site: www.vtadultlearning.org
Starting Salary: $25.12/hour ($52,242.00/yr)
TO APPLY FOR THE POSITION:
Deadline: Monday, August 28, 2017 by 8:00 am
Candidates should send a cover letter, contact information for three professional references (current or former supervisors/managers preferred) and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vermont Adult Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Position Type: Unknown / Not Applicable
- Location: Chittenden County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time