Patient Support Representative (part-time)
The Community Health Centers of Burlington is recruiting for a part-time (20 hrs/wk) Patient Support Representative! Patient Support Representatives screen patients for health related benefits, financial assistance and other programs for which they may be eligible and assists patients through the application process. Applicants fluent in non-English languages such as Nepali are strongly encouraged to apply!
- Associate Degree in related field plus one year of related experience OR High School Diploma or GED plus four years of related experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Outstanding communication skills with people of all income ranges, diversity and life circumstances.
- Ability to work in a public setting.
- Ability to work confidentially and respectfully with private information.
- Commitment to the work of the Vermont Health Benefit Exchange and the ability to achieve state certification as an assister.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational, time management and problem solving skills.
- Good computer skills including data entry, data management and reporting.
All people share a powerful need for the basic necessities of a good life and a place that understands that good health starts with a caring touch and a kind word. For over 45 years, the Community Health Centers of Burlington (CHCB) has provided access to high quality health care regardless of financial status or life circumstance. We strive to improve the health of all within the communities we serve in an environment that conveys respect, offers support, and encourages people to be actively involved in their own health care. Our positive, mission-minded staff make CHCB a great place to work!
CHCB is an innovative Federally Qualified Health Center with eight sites throughout Chittenden Country and southern Grand Isle County. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and are especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the organization. We offer an excellent benefits package to eligible employees.
Learn more about this position and other current career opportunities at https://www.chcb.org/careers/positions-available/
- Position Type: Administration
- Location: Chittenden County
- Employment Type/ Status: Part Time