Join a dynamic and innovative team working to ensure that our Foodbank’s programs and services are well-funded today and tomorrow. This position supports digital marketing and online fundraising for the Vermont Foodbank and implements a comprehensive digital engagement program with focus on data-driven strategies and donor-centered best practices. The ideal candidate loves teamwork, all things digital and is self-directed. Excellent writing skills and an aptitude for creative thinking are a must! Opportunity to work remotely one or two days per week after first six months. Salary and title commensurate with experience.
- Develop and implement comprehensive and innovative digital fundraising campaigns (new and existing) across web, mobile and text, social media, and developing channels, including fundraising campaigns in support of existing donor programs (direct mail, fundraising events, corporate and community partnerships, major donor appeals, and the sustaining monthly donor membership). Key focus on campaigns that are responsive to donor interests and execution that is responsive to donor behavior.
- Maintain donor email list health, and execute a comprehensive email marketing plan.
- Assist with setting performance indicators and benchmarks across all digital fundraising channels. Evaluate and report on project accomplishments, ROI and overall digital fundraising and engagement performance.
- Support a culture of testing, optimize digital fundraising channels, and implement data-driven strategies that contribute to development and e-commerce goals.
- Create and maintain online transaction forms and landing pages on various platforms and third party sites.
- Coordinate the execution of and customer service for all digital peer-to-peer fundraisers.
- Assist with the design and execution of intentional solicitation and donor communication calendars in partnership with the development team.
- Collaborate with the Director of Communications and Public Affairs to ensure a consistent digital calendar and marketing strategies that promote brand awareness and optimize the Foodbank’s visibility in the digital space.
- Ensure e-commerce tracking of web traffic driven by digital fundraising and engagement campaigns.
- Cultivate prospects and existing donors through digital fundraising tools, and initiate strategies to foster higher giving levels, improved response rates, multi-channel donor engagement, and increased donor retention. Implement digital acquisitions strategies, with key focus on growing our email subscription lists.
- Prioritize thoughtful segmentation so that constituents receive tailored giving opportunities.
- Diligently contribute to the health of our database/CRM tool (Raiser’s Edge) by maintaining and creating effective tracking systems for online fundraising activities. Maximize the use of other tracking systems to support data analytics.
- Stay informed about industry trends and best practices, and participate in relevant professional discourse online.
- Provide outstanding customer service to donors, peer fundraisers, Vermont Foodbank staff, and other stakeholders.
Basic Functions and Responsibilities of All Foodbank Employees
- Work cooperatively and be able to communicate with staff and volunteers to support the Foodbank’s mission and meet and sustain organizational goals.
- Positively contribute to an organizational culture of safe and secure food handling, warehousing and distribution.
- The Foodbank relies on volunteers every day to fulfill our mission. All Foodbank employees must support our culture of philanthropy by treating every volunteer with appreciation and respect.
- Position Type: Development
- Location: Vermont (statewide); Washington County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time