This position is part of the Vermont Housing & Conservation Board AmeriCorps (VHCB AmeriCorps). The VHCB AmeriCorps program supports the innovative dual-goal approach to creating stable affordable housing opportunities for Vermont residents while preserving the natural and working landscape. VHCB is a national service program that places AmeriCorps members with non-profit housing or land and energy conservation organizations around the state.
The Champlain Housing Trust (CHT) is a community land trust that supports strong, vital communities in northwest Vermont through the development and stewardship of permanently affordable homes and associated community assets.
CHT manages and develops permanently affordable rental housing and affordable homeownership programs in Chittenden, Franklin and Grand Isle counties. CHT’s HomeOwnership Center (HOC) is a member of the national NeighborWorks® America network and is comprised of 3 Programs:
- Shared Equity Program (SEP) helps buyers with down payment assistance to create permanently affordable homeownership options
- Home Education provides group and individual counseling in financial literacy, homebuyer education and homeowner services
- Champlain Housing Loan Fund is a community-based loan program for low income homeowners funded mostly with Community Development Block Grants.
Essential Duties of Position:
- Learning the overall workings of CHT and providing basic information to people who call or email wanting information about our shared equity and loan programs.
- Perform outreach in support of the HomeOwnership Center. Outreach may encompass contacting community agencies and organizations, organization and completion of special outreach events, volunteer recruitment, and promoting collaborative efforts among organizations/programs
- Take the lead in post-closing information management
- Host open houses and showings of CHT Shared Equity properties.
- Lead Shared Equity Program Informational Sessions explaining CHT’s permanently affordable homeownership program
Service occurs both in an office environment as well as in the community, in Chittenden, Franklin, and Grand Isle counties. Having your own vehicle and working on some nights and weekends are required.
Position begins September 11th, 2017 and ends August 10th, 2018.
This position is Full Time: Requires 1,700 hours and serves approximately 40 hours per week for 11 months. Member will receive a living allowance of $17,850 (pre-tax), and an education award of $5,815 (pre-tax) upon successful completion of service. Other benefits include health insurance, federal school loan forbearance, and various training opportunities.
- Position Type: Unknown / Not Applicable
- Location: Chittenden County
- Employment Type/ Status: Unknown / Not Applicable