About Vermont Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (VABVI)
The Vermont Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (VABVI), a non-profit organization founded in 1926, is the only private agency to offer training, services, and support to visually impaired Vermonters. Each year we serve hundreds of children from birth to age 22 and adults age 55 and over.
Our mission is to enable Vermonters with vision problems, whether blindness or impairment, to achieve and maintain independence.
VABVI offices are located in Brattleboro, Berlin, Rutland and South Burlington.
Communications Coordinator Job Description
STATUS: Salaried Position, Full Time, reporting to the Director of Development
The Communications Coordinator works under the direction of the Development Director and collaborates with the Development Director and Development Officer to develop and implement marketing and communication strategies addressing key constituencies.
The Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are:
- Execute marketing and communications to promote a positive public image among VABVI’s various audiences and advance development efforts by positioning the organization as the identified expert client services for the blind and visually impaired in VABVI’s service area.
- Achieve increased brand consistency and recognition, coordination of messages, and a high standard for external communications, all in support of ongoing operations, programs and development.
- Manage the communications calendar derived from the annual communications plan.
- Manage social media campaigns across a number of platforms, write and gather content for electronic publications, social media and blogs.
- Manage organization’s website.
- Provide departmental administrative duties as directed by the Development Director.
- High school diploma required; bachelor’s degree an asset but not required
- 2-4 years of marketing, communications, media or public relations experience required
- Expert level knowledge of leveraging social media technologies such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, blogs, and working knowledge of web analytics software.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Familiarity Windows operating systems, HTML, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop
- Experience managing websites required
- Ability to work effectively with multiple individuals
- Manage several projects at once
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Experience with database (particularly fundraising) software; Donor Perfect preferred
- Experience with preparation of press releases, internet, website and social media content
- Results-orientated and a passion for creativity
- Flexibility to attend occasional evening and/or weekend meetings and/or events
COMPENSATION: We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
LOCATION: South Burlington, Vermont.
APPLICATIONS DUE BY: June 23, 2017
START DATE: negotiable; July 3rd preferred
TO APPLY: please submit electronically, in English, the following to Erika Farmer, Director of Development at email@example.com:
- Cover letter with salary expectations
- Two-page English writing sample
- A list of three references with e-mail and daytime telephone numbers
- Links to multimedia content including videos, infographics, interactives, etc.
- Position Type: Development
- Location: Chittenden County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time