The Women’s Freedom Center, a feminist domestic and sexual violence organization, is looking for an experienced housing advocate to offer support to survivors residing in emergency shelter. Housing and/or direct service experience is a must.
This is a multi-faceted role requiring the ability to provide crisis intervention, safety planning, and advocacy as well as parenting support, resource connection and cooperative living facilitation.
Primary Responsibilities –
Provide direct services to victims of domestic and sexual abuse and their children including crisis intervention, safety planning, advocacy, housing search support, parenting support, information and referrals
- Complete intakes & provide shelter orientations
- Facilitate cooperative living & peer support
- Model and actively promote positive, nurturing interactions between adults and children in shelter
- Assist with the daily living needs of shelter residents, including access to phone, food and personal care items
This position is 40hrs/wk. w/benefits and requires some on-call responsibilities nights and weekends.
Please send a letter of interest and resume by June 16, 2017 to: Women’s Freedom Center, PO Box 933, Brattleboro, VT 05302.
- Position Type: Program
- Location: Windham County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time