ReSOURCE is an innovative non-profit organization with the mission of waste reduction, job skill training and poverty relief. The YouthBuild Weatherization Instructor supports this mission by providing weatherization, construction and job readiness training to young men and women enrolled in the YouthBuild program. The YouthBuild Weatherization Instructor will ensure that YouthBuild partners learn key weatherization and energy efficiency skills while contracting on and completing weatherization service projects for mostly low income customers.
The YouthBuild Weatherization Instructor will report to the YouthBuild Program Director and will work in collaboration with other YouthBuild staff, particularly the Job Site Instructor, to deliver an excellent training program to young men and women who do not have a high school diploma.
This position is expected to work some evenings, overnights and weekends.
Goals of Position
- Help design and deliver a YouthBuild training program that both teaches youth weatherization and general carpentry skills and provides an essential service that will reduce the energy consumed in homes and the cost burden of home heating on low income families.
- Ensure YouthBuild partners graduate the program with an understanding of the fundamentals of weatherization, construction and customer service and an ability to use these skills in a variety of work settings.
- Support the mission of ReSOURCE.
- Earn income from weatherization contracts to support YouthBuild program and cover all direct service costs.
- Make the program into a nationally recognized model for youth development, job training and environmental sustainability.
Please apply with resume and cover letter to jobs-at-resourcevt.org. Applications accepted through April 19. Save paper! Electronic applications only.
- Position Type: Administration
- Location: Washington County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time