Administrative/Accounting Assistant (Part-time)
Purpose, Mission & Vision
The Clarina Howard Nichols Center cultivates safe communities, places and relationships so that all may thrive. Clarina works to end domestic and sexual violence in Lamoille County. Clarina provides shelter, support and direct services to victims and survivors as well as outreach education programs and supervised visitation. We work to affect social change within our communities through increased public awareness. A violence free tomorrow is our vision today.
All employees and volunteers demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to:
- Clarina Howard Nichols Center purpose, mission and vision;
- A feminist, empowerment model, team-based approach;
- Confidentiality for shelter guests and location;
- Provide and receive appropriate feedback, address and manage conflict and maintain professionalism;
- Treat others with dignity and respect regardless of differences based on race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, culture, class or age.
Qualifications and position specific tasks:
This position is 15 hours per week and provides pro-rated paid leave and a flexible supportive work environment. The Administrative/Accounting Assistant provides support in accounting and assures everyday running of the shelter and is supervised by the Executive Director.
The Administrative/Accounting Assistant provides administrative support functions for the office, and supports management and staff with the following position specific responsibilities. This position requires a strong commitment and maintenance of confidentiality as it relates to employee data and the business/financial data of Clarina.
Performs all standard bookkeeping tasks in a confidential and timely manner including, but not limited to:
- AR responsibilities -prepares deposits, enters in QuickBooks, enter in donor database, and deposit into bank. Maintains all on-site back-up and files appropriately.
- AP responsibilities – receives and codes bills, Enters in QuickBooks and on-line bill pay system, prepare for payment, and files bills. Facilitate check printing.
- Prepares and submits payroll for processing based on timesheet collected data
- Tracks and maintains records of employee use of paid time off categories. Assists in yearly audit
- Enters donations and sends thank you letters;
- Produces reports, labels, lists and letters as necessary.
- Entry and updating of donor records as needed
- Answering business line, field call and redirect call as appropriate
- Responsible for- incoming and outgoing mail; picks up mail at post office; opens and routes appropriately, maintain mailing supplies
- Makes copies and sends faxes as requested;
- Assures maintenance of office machines;
- Orders office supplies;
- Performs daily backup of computer data;
- Health insurance management -enrollment for new employees, cancellation and Cobra letter (and billing) for terminated employees and other updates as appropriate
- Knowledge of Computer, E-mail, Network and Telephone systems to maintain and troubleshoot if necessary
Shelter Maintenance Support
- Purchases supplies for shelter and programs as needed ;
- Yearly site visit/inspections-makes appointments for inspections of fire alarm, security alarm, sprinkler systems and furnace and boiler and other equipment as appropriate
- Follows-up on house maintenance responsibilities.
- Collaboration with staff members assisting program supports
- Attends weekly staff meeting;
- Completes time sheets;
- Attends holiday party, volunteer recognition party, wellness days, board/staff get-togethers.
Microsoft Office aptitude Strong Problem Solving abilities
Strong Boundaries Ability to Multi-task,
Work independently and as part of a team Reliable Transportation Required
Commitment to non-violence Quick book familiarity a plus
1-2 years experience with AR/AP and payroll functions.
Email* cover letter and resume to Cynthia Trautner firstname.lastname@example.org
Or mail to:
Clarina Howard Nichols Center
Attn: Cynthia Trautner, Interim Executive Director
PO Box 517
Morrisville, VT 05661
No phone calls please
- Position Type: Administration
- Location: Lamoille County
- Employment Type/ Status: Unknown / Not Applicable