The Youth Development Program (YDP) serves as the transition and aftercare program for youth aging out of the foster care system in Vermont. The statewide administrative offices for YDP are housed at the Washington County Youth Service Bureau in Montpelier. The YDP Statewide Director is responsible for managing provider contracts with a network of YDP providers across all regions of the state. The position will be responsible for developing and maintaining supportive relationships with the existent provider system, working with the State of Vermont Department for Children and Families(DCF) and the Washington County Youth Service Bureau to ensure prompt and efficient payment of programs, developing and promulgating best practice approaches to working with the target population, developing new revenue streams, enhancing program evaluation and statewide data collection efforts and supporting a vibrant community of practice. The YDP Statewide Director will be supervised by the WCYSB Executive Director and will work in partnership with the WCYSB’s other statewide program Directors to forge strategic linkages across a variety of youth service efforts to ensure that training opportunities and the development of outcome thinking are created in a manner to benefit a wide sector of the youth work field in the state of Vermont.
This position will be based in Montpelier. The ideal candidate will be energetic, creative, organized and excited about joining an organization committed to improving youth work throughout the State of Vermont. The ideal candidate will be a licensed clinician and able to approve plans of care.
Duties & Responsibilities
Specific responsibilities of the YDP Statewide Director include:
- Providing routine support to Youth Development Program professionals statewide
- Providing orientation and training to a variety of sources
- Reviewing and approving Voluntary Services Agreements from providers within the YDP network statewide
- Program development – forms, practice guidance, protocol
- Database maintenance and development
- Conduct site visits (file audits), provide feedback & monitor corrective action when needed
- Oversee data collection and reporting
- Supervision of YDP Assistant Directors
- Working with WCYSB financial office to develop and monitor a budget that includes direct program expenses, payments to subcontractors and distribution of VSA payments· Review/approve program expenditures
- Facilitate monthly YDP meetings and provide leadership for YDP trainings and conferences
- Review and distribution/posting of YDP meeting notes
- Work with Agency Executive Director to ensure compliance with funding expectations and ensure the promulgation of and adherence to those expectations among subcontractors
- Data collection, analysis, reporting
- Oversight of the creation of a YDP Annual Report and other outreach materials
- Provide reports – written and/or verbal – to the VT State Legislature and other interested parties
- Serve as principal liaison to DCF Central Office on matters pertaining to YDP
- Work with WCYSB statewide program staff and Executive Director on agency statewide mission objectives
Successful applicants must possess:
- Four year degree in a related field from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience
- Clinical licensure strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and ability to build relationships with a diverse array of individuals
- Ability to lead and work in a team approach
- A demonstrated ability to manage a complex array of tasks involving both high level strategic thinking and focused detail work
- A thorough grounding in Positive Youth Development principles and familiarity with Vermont’s Youth Development Program is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with foster care and/or other youth service systems
- A valid driver’s license with clean driving record
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Google’s suite of tools
This is 100% FTE position (37.5 hours per week), and the desk-space will be in an office shared with the YDP team. The Youth Development Program is comprised of one 100% FTE Director, a 100% FTE Assistant Director and a 60% FTE Assistant Director. The team meets formally at least once a week. Individual supervision is provided at least once per week. The Bureau employs approximately 50 individuals working in community-based direct service programs or within one of our four statewide coalitions that provide support, resources and technical assistance to other youth serving organizations throughout the state. All Bureau employees attend a staff meeting once a month, as well as other staff development events throughout the year. The atmosphere at the Bureau is professional casual.
100%FTE based on a 37.5 hour work-week.
Salary Range: $45,000 – $55,000
Benefits (after 60 day probation period)
- Vacation Allowance….15 days
- Personal Days….3 days
- Holidays….13 days
- Sick Leave….10 days
- Health Insurance….See below
- Dental/Optical….Not available at this time
- Long Term Disability….Yes
- Life Insurance….Yes
Effective 1/1/2017, the WCYSB will offer insurance coverage for benefit eligible employees through Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Vermont. The monthly premium contribution from the WCYSB will be $332 per employee. Blue Cross/Blue Shield offers 10 plans that employees may choose from. To review the 2017 plans, visit here: http://www.bcbsvt.com/find-a-plan. The additional premium costs associated with each plan above the $332 allocation from the Bureau will be in the form of pre-tax payroll deductions.
- Background check required
- Position open until filled
- Washington County Youth Service Bureau/Boys & Girls Club is an EOE
- Please submit cover letter, resume and 3 references.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general the nature and levels of work, knowledge, skills, abilities and other essential functions (as covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act) expected of an employee of the Washington County Youth Service Bureau/Boys & Girls Club. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required. An employee may be asked to perform other duties as required. The ability to competently perform all the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation, demonstrated commitment to effective customer service delivery, and the ability to work productively as a member of a team or work group are basic requirements of all positions at the Washington County Youth Service Bureau/Boys & Girls Club.
- Position Type: Administration
- Location: Vermont (statewide); Washington County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time