High School Completion Plan Manager
Full time position available with benefits
Resume Deadline: Monday March 20, 2017
Instructions to apply follow this job announcement.
Vermont Adult Learning Job Title: High School Completion Plan Manager
Employment Classification: Full Time
Reports To: High School Completion Program Coordinator
Primary Work Site: Cherry St. Learning Center
Purpose of the Job: To act as the coordinator of the High School Completion Program in the defined region, working closely with local High Schools and community partners to develop individual High School Graduation Plans with identified students. The Plan Manager is responsible for the ongoing management of individual plan status as well as program data and reporting. This position reports to the High School Completion Program Coordinator and takes direction from the High School Completion Program Manager. This position demands a commitment to exceptional performance as well as working successfully within a team environment.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Initiates and develops positive working relationships with local high schools
- Informs local high schools of the educational services available through the Learning Works Center
- Assists youth ages 16 and older in the development of a personal high school graduation education plan that addresses the student’s needs & interests while simultaneously satisfying the requirements of the school, leading to diploma completion
- Initiates, develops and coordinates positive working relationships with local community partners and approved providers to ensure that a wide variety of learning experiences and wrap around services are being utilized in plan development and implementation
- Works closely with Learning Center Team to deliver services
- Monitors the student’s progress against the graduation plan, keeping the high school appraised
- Focuses efforts and attention on achieving program / center goals & objectives
- Ensures consistency and quality of instruction and tasks performed
- Participates in statewide program trainings around program development and implementation
- Maintains professional standards of confidentiality
- Participates in professional development program
Qualifications, Knowledge & Skills:
Bachelor’s Degree is required. Experience preferred with at risk students and involvement with alternative educational systems. Must possess strong interpersonal, oral, and written English communication skills. Requires competency in computer skills. Requires a creative thinker who is knowledgeable of and able to coordinate available community resources. Also requires the ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
Working Conditions & Environment:
May require working some weekend and evening hours. Travel will be required utilizing personal transportation. Requires reliable transportation with valid driver’s license.
Background Check: A confidential, national criminal records check will be performed on all applicants offered employment. Continued employment is subject to the final determination reached based on the results of the check.
All HSCP staff are required by the state to be Mandated Reporters.
Pay Status: Exempt / Salaried position
Benefits: Vermont Adult Learning offers the following excellent benefits:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Premiums based upon employee’s work schedule
- Some health plans offer a Health Savings Account with contribution from the organization.
- Family coverage is also available.
- Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance are available at no cost to the employee.
- Flexible Spending/Dependent Care Benefits
- Vision insurance
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and organization match after one year.
- 40 hours of sick time assigned when hired
- Generous paid time off : Combined time off – increases with years of service and 11 holidays
Starting salary: $33,415.00 ($16.07 as an hourly rate)
Resume Deadline: Monday March 20, 2017
TO APPLY: Send a cover letter, resume and three professional references (preferably supervisor or manager level) electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vermont Adult Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer
- Position Type: Program
- Location: Chittenden County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time