EXEMPT, FULL TIME
This position will work collaboratively with the chief development officer to design and implement an enhanced major donor and prospect program to improve communications with and support from individuals throughout the state. This position is responsible for targeting and contacting Vermont, regional and national businesses to create sustainable relationships between our organizations through collaborations pertaining, but not limited to, financial support, volunteerism, in-kind gifts, events, and cause-related marketing. This employee assists the grant writer when required and serves as the back up to the grant writer to ensure the timely submission of grants when required. The donor and corporate relations manager supervises the marketing and promotions manager. The position supports the Foodbank’s investment in broadening its donor base and commitment to long-term major donor cultivation.
This position requires creative thinking and the ability to maintain meaningful relationships with current donors and forge new philanthropic partnerships for the Foodbank. This position will assist with other activities associated with food and fund drives, promotional events, community outreach, donor solicitation, volunteerism and other efforts.
- Work with CDO and CEO to cultivate, solicit and steward major donors and prospects, coordinating personal communications, cultivation events, and meetings. Oversee major donor stewardship and recognition in all forms.
- Research, identify and nurture new and existing corporate partnership opportunities compatible with Foodbank mission and programs.
- Work with appropriate staff to garner sufficient knowledge base regarding each program or activity for which funding is being requested or for reporting purposes. Identify programmatic funding opportunities.
- Establish working relationship with corporate and individual funders through personal communication.
- Participate in all manager, department and full staff meetings.
- Work with development and marketing colleagues on donor marketing/communications/strategy.
- Support grant writer; independently write and submit funding proposals and reports as needed.
- Work cooperatively and be able to communicate with staff and volunteers to support the mission of the Foodbank to meet and sustain Foodbank goals.
- Positively contribute to an organizational culture of safe and secure food handling, warehousing and distribution.
- The Foodbank relies on volunteers every day to fulfill our mission. All Foodbank employees must support our culture of philanthropy by treating every volunteer with appreciation and respect.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum education requirement: Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 – 7 years in fundraising environment including experience with face-to-face donor solicitation.
- Knowledge of Vermont business environment a plus.
- Experience with cause-related marketing a plus
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Positive attitude.
- Good sense of humor.
- Ability to adapt well to change.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Desire to work as part of a team committed to ensuring that no one in Vermont goes hungry; an ability to support others’ objectives as his/her own.
- Individual must be detail-oriented.
- Self-disciplined in time management, and able to adhere to simultaneous deadlines.
- Some nights and weekends required.
- Excellent writing and communication skills required.
- Proficiency in spreadsheets.
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge highly preferred.
- Position Type: Development
- Location: Washington County
- Employment Type/ Status: Full Time